The registration for the 2016 Michigan Hawking Club Apprentice Falconry Workshop is now available on the calendar. Be sure to register and save your spot! Seats are limited to 25! You can register for the Apprentice Falconry Workshop on Saturday June 11th, 2016 on the events calendar.
The Michigan Hawking Club welcomes you to our website.
The Michigan Hawking Club is a non-political, non-profit organization whose purpose is preservation of the sport of falconry and conservation of birds of prey.
The goals of the MHC are…
- To provide communication among, and to disseminate relevant information to, club members.
- To promote scientific study of raptorial species, their care, welfare, and training.
- To promote conservation of birds of prey and an appreciation for their value in nature and in wildlife conservation programs.
- To promote recognition of falconry as a legal field sport and support the practice of falconry to the highest standards.
- To establish traditions which will aid, perpetuate, and further the welfare of falconry, and the raptors it employs.
Please take time to explore this site and learn more about the MHC and the time honored sport of falconry.
* J.T. holds up 'Spectre' for a photo op. Photo by Julie Lerini
The Michigan Hawking Club is proud to be affiliated with...
North American Falconers Association (NAFA) www.n-a-f-a.com
Michigan united Conservation Clubs (MUCC) www.mucc.org
2015 Club Officers
President - Jeff Alkire Secretary - Christopher Martello Treasurer - Gregg Agoston
Public Relations - Michael Azzopardi